Jared’s Record for Council District D.
A Safer, More Affordable City
Over the past several years, the results have been clear: New Orleans is on a roll. But Jared knows our work isn’t done yet. Making New Orleans a safer, more affordable city for working families is Jared’s #1 goal.
To accomplish that, Jared believes we must focus on three critical tasks:
- First, our citizens need more and better jobs.
- Second, our citizens must feel safe on our streets and in their homes.
- And finally, our city’s crumbling infrastructure must be rebuilt to foster economic growth.
NOLA-born Community Leader
- Born, raised, and educated in New Orleans
- Graduate of McDonogh 35 and Xavier University
- Former Chief of Staff for council District D office
- Previous Board Member of New Orleans Center for Creative Arts High School (NOCCA), Gentilly Development District, and St. Paul’s Homecoming Center
- Graduate of the Harvard Kennedy School Senior Executives Program
Accomplished State Legislator
- Chaired Select Hurricane Recovery Committee, spearheading inquiries into corruption and mismanagement of State-run Katrina Recovery programs
- Defended New Orleans from plans to dilute our city’s representation in the redistricting process
- Successfully stopped Baton Rouge from closing SUNO
- Appropriations Committee Member, one of only three from New Orleans
- Authored critical legislation to increase government transparency, ensure economic security, and fight street violence in New Orleans